Thursday 29 December 2011

Self-Filming

I have been filming myself with the help of mirrors and 'test-filming' beforehand.
In this scene, which I had situated myself in, I am seen getting ready to go out and 'fixing' my appearance in the mirror.

The types of shots that I have experimented with was a close up on the mobile phone, the use of mirror in the background which the camera focused on - so to gradually reveal my character one cut at a time, an over-the-shoulder shot and a type of 180-degree rule which is more apparent post-editing between the two characters communicating on the phone.

[more to come]

2 comments:

  1. Ah good, the lesson on use of mirrors came in handy then! Its' clear you're putting in a big effort May, keep it going.

    Oh, but where's the write up and footage of the lesson on mirror theory? Could you post that before class if possible please?

    ReplyDelete