Friday 2 December 2011

"Doppelganger" Script

Here's a copy of my script that I have given to both of my actors, Jason and Jay.

“Doppelganger” Script

When Jason’s doppelganger walks past Jay who’s waiting outside Game
Jay: *confused* Jason?

Jay rings Jason, Jason answers phone.
Jason: Hello?
(BOTH ‘FACE’ EACH OTHER – JASON FACE LEFT AND JAY FACE RIGHT)
Jay: Jason, where are you going? We said to meet at Game!
Jason: What are you talking about? I’m on my way!
Jay: *very confused* Whaa? You just walked past and blanked me!
Jason: *hesitated* Jay, whoever you saw, isn’t me! I’m not far from Game, so see you soon! Bye!
Jay: *concerned* Ok, bye!
Jason ends the call and looks around suspiciously

Jason arrives at Game and meets up with Jay
(TWO SHOT)
Jay: *looks at Jason’s clothes* Um, why did you change your clothes?
Jason: Seriously, what are you talking about?
(180-DEGREE RULE – JASON FACE LEFT AND JAY FACE RIGHT)
Jay: I saw you earlier and you were wearing a black coat.
Jason: I don’t own a black coat! It can’t have been me!
Jay: I don’t know what you’re up to but you blanked me earlier!
(SHOT/REVERSE SHOT – I’LL BE THEIR POV)
Jason looks around him – seemingly paranoid
Jay: Anyway, you wanna go into Game?
Jason looks from Jay and notices on the left of Jay his doppelganger walking slowly and gives direct ‘empty’ eye contact

1 comment:

  1. Looks fairly good. Were you/ prepared to veer away from the script and improvise if necessary? Did you?

    ReplyDelete