Sunday 4 December 2011

Filming (Part One)

I had started filming on Saturday but only half of what I needed because Jay's voice wasn't up to the highest standard that I needed because he has a cold and a sore throat. Therefore I only filmed the first half of the opening sequence of my main task with Jason, which went well!
I will be filming the rest next Saturday and hopefully the weather will be similar then (I heard it's going to snow!) or else I shall re-film everything again.

I have asked permission from Swallow Games to film outside and inside their shop, they are fine with it as long as I don't get in the games and console names due to copyright.
When I had to film the outside where Jason had to walk into the shop, a man who works in the shop next to Swallow Games asked what I was doing, so I explained and in the end he doesn't mind me filming, just make sure that their shop wasn't in the shot! I respected his request, as I was open to improvisation within the filming.
Then when I get to film inside, it was difficult because there were so many game names out on display, so I tried my best and I should think I am able to blur any visible names during the editing process.

I had decided to film an outside of another shop which was Ye Olde English Sweet Shop for another 'sighting' of the doppelganger for the audience. I had asked permission from the shop assistance and she was fine with it!
The problem was that it was very awkward filming whilst trying to make it look like it flows whilst all the busy shoppers past the camera. But I eventually got the footage I needed and I am happy it didn't took long to get!

1 comment:

  1. Yes, it can be difficult in terms of continuity when the public are concerned - of course, you would have background performers if you had a budget - which would make this a lot easier.

    ReplyDelete