Thursday 1 December 2011

Preparing To Film

I really do hope both of my actors are available to film this weekend as I am pretty excited to film and very surely to produce one of my best work so far in Media!
I will use my gained skills from my preliminary task (match on action, shot/reverse shot, 180-degree rule and two shot) in this main task and really test my recording skills.

How I am going to prepare for this is to:

*make sure my camera battery is fully charged the night before.

*make sure that I have cleared enough memory in my SD card to record every single scene that I may need.

*take my tripod with me to get still, professional-looking shots when I don't need to record POV shots.


*make sure that I have a change of coat and glasses for one of my actors and his 'doppelganger' and the correct props.

*type up and print out simple scripts for my actors to rehearse over, so they are able to have a natural, flowing conversation between each other through the phone as well as in person.

*print out an extra script for myself as well as a easy-to-follow shooting sequence so it is easier for me to shoot what scene on the day.

*ask the Manager or shop assistance of Swallow Games if I'm allowed to do a bit of filming in their shop - if not , I will improvise.

*check the weather forecast on that day. I have checked on BBC Weather and Saturday is going to be sunny at the time I'll be filming! Here's a print screen:


-also, if Saturday is too soon for filming, Sunday's weather seems promising too:



*decide for sure what time of day I shall start filming. I think I should start filming at 10am, leaving plenty of time to 'start the journey' to the city whilst filming parts of the way. I shall start filming in Anglia Square at 11am then film during lunchtime-ish when I want a busy atmosphere to contrast with my actor's seemingly calm characters.

1 comment:

  1. This all looks very positive. Have you asked permission to film there?
    I filmed there years back and the police came to 'check' what we were doing
    After a complaint (true story!). Perhaps try and speak to the centre's
    Manager before going straight into it. It'd be awful to start and then be told
    to move on.
    Also have you considered health and safety? It would be good to
    See this in your planning.

    ReplyDelete