Monday 21 November 2011

I Got An Idea !

It took me a while to think up a really good idea for this main task. In the back of my head I always wanted to film something that's rather simple yet effective.

How I came up with the idea was thinking about playing with paranoia and things out of the ordinary. I then thought 'Hmm, what about someone feels like they're being watched or followed and it escalated?'
I thought again, realised it's too cliche and then decided to go in a little deeper.

Next I thought of someone having an exact copy of themselves and it meant a bad thing!
I forgotten the name of this so I did a little research and found out that it's called a 'doppelganger'.
The definition I found from Wikipedia:
In fiction and folklore, a doppelganger (German "double walker") is a paranormal double of a living person, typically representing evil or misfortune.
From this definition, it intrigued me, so I decided to research a little more deeper until it frightened me and made me paranoid!

The plot summary of my main task is that I'll start off with one character walk from their house and decided to head off towards to city to meet up with a  friend. I'll get shots of them of their journey up there, then a few odd occasions will pop up for the viewers and not the character.
They'll pop into a shop and whilst distracted, their doppelganger walk out of the same shop.
Another 'happening' would be the doppelganger to come out from another shop and then the character walks past the shop.
Then the scene completely changes and sees the friend who's waiting and the doppelganger walks past him and seemingly blanks the friend.
The friend's confused, thought it was the character.
Next there would be a conversation on the phone between the friend and the character about the confusion.
After the phone call, the character will seem more paranoid and looks all around them.
When the two characters finally meet in person, they start to talk, then the character will notice their doppelganger and they both will give eye contact to each other.
The clip then ends.

My chosen location shots:
*outside of my protagonist's house [establishing shot]
*areas where there's some trees in the background [establishing shot]
*outside of Swallow Games [establishing shot]
*outside of Game [establishing shot]
*outside of Ye Olde English Sweet Shop [establishing shot]

2 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. A really interesting and intriguing idea May. Do you think you will interpose the opening title credits within the action? What style will they be in? What is your choice of music?
    Is your storyboard on here yet?
    Please check some of the above spellings.
    Mr Codling

    ReplyDelete