Thursday 1 March 2012

Progress And Video Of Second Edit Of Doppelganger





I hope my video blog made sense!


Here are the screenshots of my progress so far (more to come soon!):


Here is a screenshot of my editing process on Final Cut Pro so far. This is my second edit of ‘Doppelganger’.



This screenshot shows my process so far. At the moment my OTS is only 1 minute 37 seconds, so I’ll see if I could make it longer by inserting a few appropriate transitions between shots.
The purple bars above the clips are the text that I’m adding in as credits.



Here is a screenshot of my first opening credit, which is the name of my OTS, ‘Doppelganger’. This piece of text fades into the frame and then fades out.


This screenshot show my credits which fades in and out of the frame. 




The grey bars in between most of the clips are fading effects, which smoothly
leads the first clip to the second clip.



Here is a screenshot showing the last piece of footage that I have recorded on thr 7th March 2012 (top left) and I have added in the last part of my OTS.


Here show my clips edited together with transitions between the majority of them.




This clips shows the there is a lot of unnecessary background noise and I want to get rid of all of it. This is because it will be distracting and inappropriate therefore seems unprofessional.




What I've done to achieve this was that I have clicked on the little arrow icon that is to the top left of the clip's name.




Then I go onto 'Audio Enhancements'.




Which then brings up this box in Final Cut Pro.




I set the 'loudness' tot he lowest percentage possible and the 'background noise removal' to 100% so to minimise the unnecessary background noise.




Then I went onto the video's audio settings and set the volume to the minimum, so no sound will be heard at all from the clip. This editing technique has been used on all clips throughout my OTS.




Here shows that I have removed all audio from the clips.




I have finally incorporated the background music to my OTS. I have used the same background music twice for two reasons: one, because the background music is only one minute, fourteen seconds and two, I like the sound when it overlaps, it builds more tension in the middle of the OTS where the weapon (knife) and “weapon” (lightsaber chopsticks) are seen, then the music gradually lessens and stops. This indicates to the reader that something significant has happened (The Suited is reading his hit list) and that it’s the end of the OTS and the start of the movie if it were to continue.


As my file is too big for Vimeo, I’ve decided to quickly import the completed edit to iMovie, where it allows me to choose what size/quality the OTS would be, therefore hopefully making the file smaller.


This is the “original” file on Final Cut Pro, which is 678.5MB, 178.5MB too big for Vimeo.



This is the file size after I imported it to iMovie and then re-saved the file to ‘HD’.

Here is the OTS:

2 comments:

  1. Heya, I'm an A2 student and Mr Codling asked for me to post comments on your and the other AS student's blogs. I found your OTS amazing! I love your use of cinematography. However I found a few faults. (though not worth re-filming over, just talking abut them in your evaluation)
    1 - the chop sticks - I understand that these do add to the difference in character portrayal, however within an OTS it may be confusing to the audience, later on a film details about their personality would translate better.
    2 - Your choice of previous targets, e.g. Matt Damon, although creates humour, distracts the audience from the tension that is trying to be created. Perhaps politicians, or made-up celebrities would avoid this problem. The handwriting on the piece of paper is also very feminine, perhaps a mans handwriting would have created a more sinister effect.
    Other than these problems I haven't noticed anything major. Overall I think that you have created a high level OTS.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello there!
    Thank you for your compliment and yes, thank you for your points - I will mention it in my evaluation.

    ReplyDelete